Saturday, September 4, 2010

Chocolate bananacake

Herbert is probably going to kill me for posting this recipe, she hates bananas and I really do mean hate, but I'm going to do it anyways.

The first time I tasted the cake was when Annabell brought it for cake-day at the university and it tasted like banana-split, one of my favorite desserts. However I didn't get the recipe so I searched the net for a similar one and found it on http://www.matklubben.se/recept/choklad-_och_banankaka_63106.html, so I'm hoping it will turn out like Annabells cake because that was the best banana cake I've ever tasted.


Chocolate banana cake
120 g room temperature butter
1 1/2 dl sugar (preferably unrefined sugar)
3 eggs
3 ripe bananas
3 1/2 dl flour
1 1/2 dl cacao
2 tsp baking powder
100g dark chocolate

Whisk butter and sugar until fluffy, then ad one egg at a time. Cut the bananas into the batter and whisk until smooth (you probably wont get it totally smooth but give it a try) then ad all the other ingredients and whisk until smooth and blended.
Pour the batter into a greased dish and put in the oven (175°C) for 30 min-1 hour, depends on the dish (mine was in for approximately 45 min).
Take it out and let it cool.



Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

She's gonna kill me for that one as well, because she's the on who saw/found it first, but I think it fits with the recipe, so tough luck :)

So after trying the cake last night I've come to the conclusion that you should ad one more banana, cut down on the cacoa so that you have 4 dl flour and 1 dl cacao, and watch out the cake is very heavy and is easily over cooked. As I've written before mine was in for about 45 min and 30 min would have been better however the cake is good either way you make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment