Monday, August 23, 2010

Custard school

Right now I'm listening to a lecture about solid waste management (not so fun) and as a precaution (so I don't fall asleep) I'm posting my recipe on custard, since Herbert neglected to post it.
The reason for that might be that I don't really use a recipe, I just throw stuff together and it becomes a great custard. But I will try to explain whats in it;

about 1-1 1/2 dl milk
about 1-1 1/2 dl whipping cream
1 egg yolk
2-3 tbs cornflour
2-3 tbs sugar (or as much as you like)
1-1 1/2 tbs vanilla sugar (or essence)

Put everything except the vanilla in a saucepan and bring to a boil, when the mixture boils it will thicken fast so turn the heat of when the first bubble appear (remember to stir the entire time or it'll burn).
When the custard has reached the wanted thickness you remove the pan from the hot plate and stir in the vanilla sugar and let it cool down.

As you might have noticed it's not really important whats in but how the result turns out so go into the kitchen and experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment