Thursday, February 6, 2014

"Magic Cake" strait from FB

Hi!

Hrm, so obviously I shouldn't promise any date for next time...
I am really sorry so I'll try not to make any promises I can't keep.

So whats new?
Well, winter has arrived at the island, it's cold, snowy and slippery in other words not fun! So I've been overdosing on tea, probably 5-9 teacups a day...
 The following recipe is one I saw one day on facebook and immediately thought this is a cake for me. All the ingredients in one bowl no fuss just whisk together and pour into a mould and what you get is a three layer cake with custard in the middle!
Three layer cake

Preheat the oven to 180°C

In a bowl combine:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup shredded coconut
4 eggs
3 cups milk
2 tsp vanilla

Whisk until blended and then pour into a buttered spring pan and bake in the lower part of the oven for about 1 hour.
Let cool and serve either hot or cold.
That's it! But don't expect a miracle it's a good cake but not a sensation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment