Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Difference

So it's a week since I should have posted this, sorry but I'm a incorrigible time optimist.
If you're wondering whats been up I'll post some pictures at the end of this post, but now moving on to the more important things.





Here in Sweden we usually don't measure with cups when baking, as you might have noticed that in most of the recipes we've posted we use dl.
So why am I bringing this up, well when I first started baking with recipes written in English I didn't know how to translate the measurements but thankfully my mother had a formula on how to change cups into dl. Later on my lovely sister bought me a selection of cup measurements so now I can just use them.

So now I'm gonna share;
1 dl equals 100 ml
1 cup equals 250 ml which is equal to 2 1/2 dl
1/2 cup equals 125 ml which is 1 1/4 dl

And so on...

(hi, herbert here. i'm crashing lc's post. if you are lazy like me and can't be bothered with mental arithmetic (headcounting) or whatever here's a nifty link to a converter..)
Had to change Herberts spelling we do NOT count heads here in Sweden, anymore anyway.

Now on to the recipe I promised:

Chocolate cheesecake brownie

Brownie
150 g butter
1 dl cocoa
3 egg
3 dl caster sugar
2,5 dl flour
1 tsp baking powder
about 50 g dark chocolate
a handful of chopped almonds

Cheesecake
200 g cream cheese
1 egg yolk
3 tbsp caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract

Makes about 20

Start with making the brownie;

1. Melt butter and stir in chocolate and cocoa, leave to cool
2. Meanwhile whisk eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Mix the baking powder with the flour and fold into the egg batter along with the chocolate butter and almonds. (if you want to you can ad a bit more chopped chocolate at this point)

Next, the cheesecake;
4. Stir cream cheese together with egg yolk, sugar and vanilla extract.
5. Line a baking tin with oven paper and pour in the brownie mixture.
6. Spread the cheesecake mixture on top of the brownie mixture and create patterns with the help of a knife or a fork.

7. Bake the cake in the lower part of the oven for about 30 minutes. (It should be sticky but not liquid)
8. Let the cake cool and then cut it into squares.




This is a picture of my second attempt of making macarons, I failed again so no recipe on those...


At November 23 this was not an unusual sight on the island and it got worse...



Last Wednesday the snowing started and it has yet to stop...





The new mittens I bought, they are really warm...


Me with Christmas lighting int the background...


No comments:

Post a Comment